Quick and Spicy Chicken Rice Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 210 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Quick and Spicy Chicken Rice Soup
"I put this together on Sunday and we enjoy it all week for lunch. Delicious semi homemade soup!"
"Could not believe how quick and easy it was to make. My two picky eaters loved it!"