Quick and Spicy Chicken Rice Soup Recipe
Arkansas is the top rice-producing state in the country, so this recipe definitely represents our region. I'm a member of the Craighead County Farm Bureau Women's Committee, and one of our main promotions is rice.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 210 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 697 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Quick and Spicy Chicken Rice Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC