- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Quick and Spicy Chicken Rice Soup
"I put this together on Sunday and we enjoy it all week for lunch. Delicious semi homemade soup!"
"I absolutely LOVE this recipe. I make it just about every week, even in the summer! I've shared this recipe with friends and have given containers of this soup to neighbors & friends, everyone loves it!! Thanks for such a quick,simple & delish soup recipe."
"Could not believe how quick and easy it was to make. My two picky eaters loved it!"