Arkansas is the top rice-producing state in the country, so this recipe definitely represents our region. I'm a member of the Craighead County Farm Bureau Women's Committee, and one of our main promotions is rice.
Recommended: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Rice Soup in Country Extra May 2002, p51
Reviews forQuick and Spicy Chicken Rice Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2012
"I put this together on Sunday and we enjoy it all week for lunch. Delicious semi homemade soup!"