Arkansas is the top rice-producing state in the country, so this recipe definitely represents our region. I'm a member of the Craighead County Farm Bureau Women's Committee, and one of our main promotions is rice.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Rice Soup in Country Extra May 2002, p51
Reviews for Quick and Spicy Chicken Rice Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review