- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, corn, milk, cream cheese and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Quick and Rich Corn Chowder
"I doubled this recipe and added an extra can of regular corn, drained. My husband said it wouldn't be "corny" enough without the addition and I agree! BUT, he said this is his new favorite soup recipe of the ones I've made!! It was delicious!!"
"This soup is one of our favorites. I make it every year for our neighborhood fall party, and the pot is scraped clean every time. One year I decided to make something different for a change of pace and everyone was mad at me for not making the corn chowder! I usually double the recipe because we love the leftovers."
"Not as good as I hoped from reading others reviews. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good. The leftovers just sat in our refrigerator."
"everyone in the house, right down to the 2 year old loved this one! SO EASY!"
"This chowder is so delicious. Comfort food at its best. I always turn to this recipe when we want something yummy and quick to the table!"