Quick and Rich Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, corn, milk, cream cheese and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Quick and Rich Corn Chowder
Sort By :
I doubled this recipe and added an extra can of regular corn, drained. My husband said it wouldn't be "corny" enough without the addition and I agree! BUT, he said this is his new favorite soup recipe of the ones I've made!! It was delicious!!
This soup is one of our favorites. I make it every year for our neighborhood fall party, and the pot is scraped clean every time. One year I decided to make something different for a change of pace and everyone was mad at me for not making the corn chowder! I usually double the recipe because we love the leftovers.
Not as good as I hoped from reading others reviews. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good. The leftovers just sat in our refrigerator.
everyone in the house, right down to the 2 year old loved this one! SO EASY!
This chowder is so delicious. Comfort food at its best. I always turn to this recipe when we want something yummy and quick to the table!