My family and friends are always ready to dig right in when I serve my chowder. It's thick and rich...and pairs well with a favorite salad or sandwich. They never guess it gets its start with a can of condensed soup.—Dorothy Faulkner, Benton, Arkansas
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, corn, milk, cream cheese and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Quick Corn Chowder in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p20
Reviews for Quick and Rich Corn Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review