Quick and Flavorful Creamed Spinach Recipe
"This flavorful side dish is so tasty you'll forget that it features nutritious spinach," says Elizabeth Hunter from Flower Mound, Texas. "It's a family favorite for holidays and special occasions. It pairs well with roasted turkey, chicken, ham or brisket."
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain and squeeze dry. Add onion; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the flour, soup, butter and garlic powder. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in spinach mixture and pepper. Yield: 3-4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC