- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain and squeeze dry. Add onion; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the flour, soup, butter and garlic powder. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in spinach mixture and pepper. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Spinach in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p39
Reviews for Quick and Flavorful Creamed Spinach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2010
"very simple, very good recipe, make as a side dish often,"
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2010
"My family really enjoyed this recipe. I know I will make it again"