Quick and Easy Waffles
These fast-to-prepare waffles are perfect to whip up at the last minute, and the recipe can easily be doubled. I often made them when our six children were growing up. And now when they come back to visit, they always request them.
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 7 ounces lemon-lime soda
- In a bowl, combine the baking mix, eggs and oil. Add soda and mix
- well. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Yield: 4-5 waffles.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 542 calories, 39 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 793 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.