Quick and Easy Clam Chowder
Here's a quick chowder that's been in my family for over 30 years. I make a big pot to take to an annual party at work. It's always a hit. Served with crusty bread and a salad, it's the perfect meal for a chilly evening.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams, undrained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon
- In the same skillet, saute onion in reserved drippings until tender.
- Stir in soup and milk. Add the clams, lemon juice, thyme, pepper and
- bacon; cook until heated through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 268 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.