Quick and Easy Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next six ingredients; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 249 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 947mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Quick and Easy Chili
"This was a great recipe to make, since I was in a hurry. However, the raving reviews at the dinner table made it all the more special. My dad protested that traditional chili does not contain corn, but he had to admit he liked the recipe. Doubling the recipe made a perfect amount to feed only eight (yes, we have hearty appetites). The recipe does not call for salt or pepper, but I added 3 teaspoons (remember that would be 1.5 teaspoons for one times the recipe) and 1 teaspoon of pepper (equivalent to ½ teaspoon). I put in 3 teaspoons of chili powder and it was still not too spicy for the younger people. Served with a lot of cheddar cheese and hot sauce for those who like a little more kick, this dish is fantastic; I will make it many more times in the future!"
"I forgot to add that I toss it all in the crockpot in the morning. Plus, it freezes well too for a great make-ahead option."
"I made this chili for my daughter's b-day party because I knew I would be busy, and it got rave reviews. I beef it up a little by adding more ground beef, and a can of black beans and/or kidney beans. If you're really pressed for time, buy the pre-chopped onions and peppers at the grocery store -- it doesn't get any easier than that!"