Quick and Easy Chili Recipe
Your busy schedule doesn't always allow you to have chili simmer all day long on the stove. But you don't have to wait until the weekend to make some. This chili can be made in a flash and is easily doubled or tripled to satisfy any famished family.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next six ingredients; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 249 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 947 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC