Quick and Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup
“I’ve been making this dish since a friend gave me the recipe years ago,” Janis Corkery relates from Independence, Iowa. “No one can believe how fast and easy it is to prepare. It often comes to the rescue when our children and grandchildren unexpectedly stop in for lunch.”
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 127 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 572 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.