Quick and Creamy Ham Fettuccini Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 2. Add broccoli. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the ham, 1/2 cup cheese, garlic salt, pepper, oregano and nutmeg. Drain fettuccine; serve with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 808 calories, 59 g fat (35 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 1,102 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.