Quick and Creamy French Dressing
A time-honored tradition in Monika Rahn’s home, Creamy French Dressing an anticipated taste at family get-togethers. “The salad dressing has been a favorite for years,” she writes from Dillsburg, Pennsylvania.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a blender or food processor, combine the first seven ingredients;
- cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil
- in a steady stream. Process until thickened. Transfer to a bowl or
- jar; cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 127 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.