- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, oats, nuts and cinnamon. Add water and egg and mix well.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Quick and Chewy Brownie Cookies
"Was ok but burnt easy"
"They were bland. My kid did not like them. My residents didn't like them. It was a waste of ingredients. I would never make them again."
"I work at a nursing home. I have a cooking class that the residents get to particpate in every week. We just made these and they all absolutely loved them."
"These tasted horrible. I have NO IDEA what I may have done wrong, but they were awful. My husband wouldn't even eat them. The had no flavor. If I choose to try and make these again, I'm omitting the cinnamon and nuts, and making the brownies according to package directions and just mix in the oats."
"My little son devoured these tasty treats!"