AFTER RAISING four sons, it wasn't easy to scale down my cooking habits, so I ventured into some new recipes that didn't take a lot of time to prepare. This dessert has become a favorite for many of our meals. Fruit is a refreshing finale! -Eleanor Lock, Escondido, California
Recommended: Top 10 Fruit Salad Recipes
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 firm banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Combine coconut and confectioners' sugar. Place orange sections and banana slices in two small bowls; pour orange juice over all. Sprinkle with coconut mixture. Chill or serve. Garnish with cherries if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Quick Ambrosia in Reminisce July/August 1996, p45
Reviews for Quick Ambrosia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review