Quick Almond Paste
With Dutch heritage, using almond paste is very common. We usually order a 7-pound supply at a time.—Almond Board of California, x, California
20-24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups (8 ounces) whole blanched almonds
- 1-1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, grind half of the almonds until very fine.
- Remove and repeat with the remaining almonds. Total ground nuts will
- yield 1-3/4 cups. Put all nuts and remaining ingredients in the food
- processor. Cover and process until a paste forms. Gather together
- and refrigerate in a tightly sealed plastic bag. Yield: 1-1/3 cups
- (13 ounces).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 ounce) equals 83 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.