Quick Almond Chicken Stir-Fry
"I make this dish often because it is so quick and easy to prepare," writes Darlene Markel from Sublimity Oregon. "My family likes the flavor the sugar snap peas and almonds add. Sometimes I top it with chow mein noodles for extra crunch."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook almonds in oil for 3
- minutes. Add chicken; cook until meat is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, honey and
- ginger until smooth; add to the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in
- the peas; heat through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 526 calories, 35 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 871 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as