"I make this dish often because it is so quick and easy to prepare," writes Darlene Brenden from Salem, Oregon. "My family likes the flavor the sugar snap peas and almonds add. Sometimes I top it with chow mein noodles for extra crunch."
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook almonds in oil for 3 minutes. Add chicken; cook until meat is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, honey and ginger until smooth; add to the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the peas; heat through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Almond Chicken Stir-Fry in Country Woman September/October 2002, p40
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Almond Chicken Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review