Quick Almond Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, grapes, mayonnaise, yogurt and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Stir in almonds just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 126 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.