Quick Almond Chicken Salad
I rely on this refreshing chicken salad often for lunch or a light supper. It can be made ahead of time and popped in the refrigerator, which is perfect for my busy schedule.—Brenda Nickerson, Clymer, New York
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, grapes, mayonnaise, yogurt
- and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Stir
- in almonds just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 126 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.