Quick Almond Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, grapes, mayonnaise, yogurt and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Stir in almonds just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 126 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Quick Almond Chicken Salad
"I really enjoy this recipe. I use sour cream instead of yogurt, though. I've used red grapes, too, and it's even more colorful. I like to make a sandwich out of the salad by putting it into a pita half. Very yummy!"