Quick 'n' Easy Lasagna
"I never have leftovers when I prepare this hearty crowd-pleaser," notes Brenda Richardson, Rison, Arkansas. "It's my son's favorite, and my husband and I like to make it on nights we have friends over to play cards."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 16 lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce; heat through. Rinse and drain the noodles.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the meat
- sauce and half of the noodles and cheese. Repeat layers. Top with
- remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 625 calories, 28 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,248 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.