Quick 'N' Easy Bean Pot Recipe
I find it's difficult to cook beans from scratch, so this recipe, using canned beans, is especially valuable to me. The beans turn out great every time. Marion Foster, Kirkton, Ontario
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. Stir in the beans, brown sugar, mustard and coffee. Pour into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Quick 'N' Easy Bean Pot in Country Extra July 2005, p51
Reviews for Quick 'N' Easy Bean Pot(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review