When we were first married and poor college students, I found this sloppy joe recipe and tweaked it. The fresh bell peppers give it a wonderful flavor. Kallee Twiner, Maryville, Tennessee
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, onion and pepper over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up turkey into crumbles.
- Stir in tomato sauce, barbecue sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Quick & Easy Turkey Sloppy Joes in Taste of Home September/October 2014, p80
Reviews for Quick & Easy Turkey Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review