- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, onion and pepper over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up turkey into crumbles.
- Stir in tomato sauce, barbecue sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Quick & Easy Turkey Sloppy Joes
"Delicious & flavorful! I omitted the red onion & it was fine. Easy to make, too.- Theresa"
"This was really good! I liked how quickly it came together. I ate the mixture over leftover mashed potatoes, but everyone else used pita bread,"
"I loved how quick this recipe was to make and that it used ground turkey. I usually always make a buffalo turkey sloppy joe but this was a nice change. I'll be making it again."
"We love sloppy joes and I have collected many recipes for preparing them over the years. I can't say this was one of my favorites but it was quick and easy."
"This is a very tasty meal which is quick and easy to fix. This recipe is a keeper."
"I substituted ground chicken for the turkey. The recipe was very easy and quick. My husband enjoyed it very much. I will be making this recipe again."