A friend of mine who loves barbecue gave me her recipe for ribs. Use just enough of the spice mixture to rub over them before baking, and sprinkle on the rest later. —Jennifer Ross, Arlington, TN
Recommended: The 99 Most American Recipes Ever
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 3 racks (1-1/2 to 2 pounds each) pork baby back ribs
- Barbecue sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients; rub 3/4 cup over ribs. Wrap rib racks in large pieces of heavy-duty foil; seal tightly. Place on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 1-1/2 hours. Reduce oven setting to 250°. Bake 1-1/2 hours longer or until tender.
- Carefully remove ribs from foil; return to baking pan. Sprinkle ribs with remaining spice mixture. Bake 30 minutes longer or until lightly browned, brushing with barbecue sauce, if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Memphis-Style BBQ Ribs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p89
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Quick & Easy Memphis-Style BBQ Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review