- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup plus 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon raspberry extract
- Red food coloring
- Additional sugar
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup water; let stand 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and remaining water to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add gelatin; reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in extract and food coloring as desired.
- Pour into a greased 8-in.-square pan. Refrigerate, covered, 3 hours or until firm.
- Loosen edges of candy from pan with a knife; turn onto a sugared work surface. Cut into 1-in squares; roll in sugar. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature 3-4 hours or until all sides are dry, turning every hour. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 pound (64 pieces).
Reviews for Quick & Easy Gumdrops
Sort By :
Great recipe. I used lemon as it's my kids favorite flavor.
I made them exactly as the recipe suggested and they were awesome, but I think next time I want to try cinnamon flavoring to take it up to the next level :-)
These were easy to make and had a great taste. I used strawberry extract. I did leave them out over night to dry. My daughter loved them!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Finger Foods >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >