These homemade candies are softer than store-bought. They've got that classic fun appeal that people really love. —Leah Rekau, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup plus 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon raspberry extract
- Red food coloring
- Additional sugar
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup water; let stand 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and remaining water to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add gelatin; reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in extract and food coloring as desired.
- Pour into a greased 8-in.-square pan. Refrigerate, covered, 3 hours or until firm.
- Loosen edges of candy from pan with a knife; turn onto a sugared work surface. Cut into 1-in squares; roll in sugar. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature 3-4 hours or until all sides are dry, turning every hour. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 pound (64 pieces).
Originally published as Quick & Easy Gumdrops in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Reviews for Quick & Easy Gumdrops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review