- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 10 slices Canadian bacon (about 6 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 2 packages (6-1/2 ounces each) pizza crust mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, cook beef, pepper and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and Canadian bacon; remove from heat.
- Prepare dough for pizza crust according to package directions. Press dough to fit bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
Spoon meat sauce into crust. Sprinkle with cheese; top with pepperoni. Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until crust and cheese are golden brown.
Freeze option: Cool meat sauce before assembling pizza. Securely cover and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, bake frozen pizza, covered with foil, in a preheated 425° oven 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Quick & Easy Deep Dish Pizza
Sort By :
"Very good and well received. Next time I will try using ground sausage instead or addition to the ground beef."
"Recipe saved! Only change I'd make is **making my own pizza crust***."