- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix sour cream, condensed soup, salt and pepper; stir in potatoes, cheese and onion. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix crushed cornflakes and melted butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Quick & Easy au Gratin Potatoes
"Been making this forever and love it. You can use fresh shredded potatoes, just cook it at least 15 minutes longer."
"I have made a recipe similar to this for many years. Mine doesn't have the corn flakes, so I thought I would try it. I really liked the crunch. Great idea."
"I won a local cooking contest with this very same recipe 30 years ago. The only difference being that I grate my onion instead of chopping it. It typically receives raves wherever I take it and often have to pass out the recipe."