- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix sour cream, condensed soup, salt and pepper; stir in potatoes, cheese and onion. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix crushed cornflakes and melted butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Quick & Easy au Gratin Potatoes
"Been making this forever and love it. You can use fresh shredded potatoes, just cook it at least 15 minutes longer."
"I served this with ham at Christmas and it was a big hit. I added extra cheese although I don't think the recipe needs it. Very easy and really good."
"I have made a recipe similar to this for many years. Mine doesn't have the corn flakes, so I thought I would try it. I really liked the crunch. Great idea."
"I won a local cooking contest with this very same recipe 30 years ago. The only difference being that I grate my onion instead of chopping it. It typically receives raves wherever I take it and often have to pass out the recipe."