Quick & Chewy Chocolate Cookies
These on-the-go goodies are great to take along to the beach, a picnic or on vacation. They have the great flavor and texture of brownies in a cookie shape.
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix
- well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add
- to creamed mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto
- ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and centers
- are puffed and cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans
- to wire racks (cookies will flatten as they cool). Yield: About 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 160 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.