- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and red pepper in butter until mushrooms are tender. Drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine cheese and flour. Stir in the milk, eggs, savory, salt and cayenne until blended. Stir in mushroom mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (cover edges loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning). Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Quiche with Mushrooms
Sort By :
I just made this and it was amazing !!!!
We recently moved and I had no flour but I substituted bisquick for the flour and made it with mushrooms and spinach! It was very yummy :-) thanks for the great recipe!
This is the first time I've ever made a quiche and this recipe was SO easy! It is so delicious, it has some really great flavors going on! I added a few pieces of crispy crumbled bacon and that just put it over the top! I'd highly recommend this recipe to everyone!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quiche >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >