Quiche for One Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon real bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter until softened. In a small bowl, beat egg, milk, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the mushrooms, cheese, bacon and chives.
- 2. Pour into a 5-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (prepared with egg substitute, fat-free milk and reduced-fat cheese) equals 154 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Quiche for One
"I make this quiche all the time and I simply love it. Sometimes I'll add a tablespoon of spinach per recipe and it is delicious. I've also doubled and tripled the recipe but just increased the size of the baking dish... yummy!"