- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon real bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter until softened. In a small bowl, beat egg, milk, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the mushrooms, cheese, bacon and chives.
- Pour into a 5-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Quiche for One in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 64
Reviews for Quiche for One
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2013
"I make this quiche all the time and I simply love it. Sometimes I'll add a tablespoon of spinach per recipe and it is delicious. I've also doubled and tripled the recipe but just increased the size of the baking dish... yummy!"