Queso Pork Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 jar (15-1/2 ounces) salsa con queso dip, divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 4 cups cubed cooked boneless country-style pork ribs (from 2 pounds boneless ribs)
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, combine 3/4 cup queso dip, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, green chilies, water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- 2. Spread 2/3 cup sauce mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Stir pork into remaining sauce mixture. Place 1/3 cup pork mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish. Combine remaining queso dip and enchilada sauce; pour over enchiladas.
Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with lettuce and tomatoes if desired.
Freeze option: Sprinkle remaining cheese over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
2 enchiladas (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 705 calories, 41 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 1,951 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Reviews for Queso Pork Enchiladas
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.