Queso Fundido Recipe
Dig into this rich, warm one-skillet dip, topped with fresh tomato and green onions, and enjoy the gooey cheese and spicy kick from the chorizo and pepper jack. —Julie Merriman, Cold Brook, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1 pound uncooked chorizo
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cubed pepper jack cheese
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Blue corn tortilla chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Crumble chorizo into a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; add corn, red onion and pepper. Cook over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is fully cooked; drain. Stir in the cheeses.
- 2. Bake 14-16 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with tomato and green onions. Serve with chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC