- 1 to 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken, turkey, pork or beef
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- 1. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet, add one tortilla. Layer with half the cheddar cheese, all of the chicken and mushrooms and half the Monterey Jack cheese. Top with the second tortilla. Cover and heat until cheese melts and bottom tortilla is crisp and golden brown.
- 2. Turn over; sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cook until bottom tortilla is crisp and golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
1 quesadilla equals 768 calories, 49 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 173 mg cholesterol, 1,152 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 53 g protein.
Reviews for Quesadilla
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.