I often make this quesadilla just for myself. It's a snap to prepare.—Amber Waddell, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 1 to 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken, turkey, pork or beef
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet, add one tortilla. Layer with half the cheddar cheese, all of the chicken and mushrooms and half the Monterey Jack cheese. Top with the second tortilla. Cover and heat until cheese melts and bottom tortilla is crisp and golden brown.
- Turn over; sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cook until bottom tortilla is crisp and golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Quesadilla in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p16
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Quesadilla
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review