Red raspberries and heart-shaped croutons make this salad from our Test Kitchen perfect for Valentine's Day. The creamy dressing hints of Dijon and lemon.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups torn salad greens
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- For croutons, cut bread into hearts with a 1-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. In a bowl, combine butter, garlic powder, dill and salt. Add the bread hearts; toss to coat. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 3 minutes on each side.
- On two salad plates, arrange the greens, artichokes, raspberries and croutons. In a bowl, combine sugar, lemon juice, vinegar and salt. Add mustard, garlic and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil. Drizzle over salads. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Queen-of-Hearts Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p190
Reviews for Queen-of-Hearts Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review