- and elastic, adding just enough flour to prevent it from sticking.
- Form into a ball, place in a large oiled bowl, turning to coat with
- the oil. Turn seam-side down and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise
- at room temperature about 1 hour, 30 minutes, until doubled in size.
- Position oven rack to top shelf, along with a pizza stone or baking
- sheet. Preheat to 450°F.
- Prepare sausage in a large skillet. Remove and drain the fat.
- Sprinkle working surface and rolling pin with cornmeal to prevent
- sticking. Knead dough for a few seconds to begin shaping it into a
- ball. Using rolling pin, roll the dough out to a circle that is
- approximately 10” in diameter. Finish stretching using your hands.
- The dough should be thin. Remove baking sheet or pizza stone from
- the oven and sprinkle it with cornmeal. Carefully place the pizza
- dough on the stone or baking sheet and quickly sprinkle with Ricotta
- Cheese. Scatter the Mozzarella and Gorgonzola pieces, along with the
- sausage, and finally, top with Parmesan Cheese. Bake for 10-12
- minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven, garnish with fresh herb, cut and enjoy! Yield:
- Serves 4-6.
Always cook sausage to internal temperature of 160°F
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.