Quarterback Calzones Recipe
Select your favorite ingredients to fill these easy-to-assemble pizza pockets formed with frozen dinner rolls.
- 1 package (48 ounces) frozen dinner roll dough, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives, optional
- 32 pepperoni slices
- Vegetable oil
- 1. For each calzone, press two dinner rolls together. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 6-in. x 3-1/2-in. oval. Spread 1/4 cup sauce to within 1/2 in. of edge. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, 1 tablespoon green pepper, 1 to 2 teaspoons olives if desired and 4 pepperoni slices. Press two more rolls together and roll into a slightly larger oval. Place over filling; firmly press edges to seal. Cut another roll in half and roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut a 3-in. x 1/4-in. strip. Place lengthwise down center of calzone. To form laces, cut four 1-in. x 1/8-in. strips; place across center strip. Cut two 4-in. x 1/4-in. pieces of dough. Place one across each end of calzone, curving to form a crescent shape. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Lightly brush tops with oil. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 16-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cut calzones in half before serving. Yield: 8 calzones.
Reviews for Quarterback Calzones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC