- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- Dash ground mace
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and mace; add to egg mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour into a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into eight slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quarter of a Pound Cake in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p26
Reviews for Quarter of a Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2016
"This is the perfect recipe for when you want a piece of cake but don't want to make a big cake that will eventually go to waste. It is very delicious, moist and satisfies your sweet tooth! Love it!"