Quarter of a Pound Cake Recipe
Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri downsizes everyone’s favorite pound cake without losing any of its sweet appeal!
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- Dash ground mace
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and mace; add to egg mixture alternately with milk.
- 2. Pour into a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into eight slices. Yield: 4 servings.
2 pieces equals 358 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC