Quarter Note Croutons Recipe
A cookie cutter shaped like a musical note is instrumental to making these crunchy croutons from French bread. Slices are topped with a buttery garlic blend, sprinkled with two kinds of cheese and browned to perfection.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Cut bread into 10 diagonal slices (5 in. x 2-1/2-in.). Cut each slice with a 4-in. musical note cookie cutter. (Discard remaining bread or save for another use.) In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic salt and oregano. Brush over one side of each note. Place on a baking sheet; sprinkle with cheeses. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 croutons.
1 each equals 163 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC