Quail With Rice Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, halved
- 8 quail (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until partially done. Remove bacon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Brown quail in drippings. Remove and keep warm. Saute carrots, onions and parsley in drippings until tender. Add broth, rice, salt and lemon-pepper; bring to a boil. Place quail over rice; place one bacon strip on each. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and quail is cooked. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 741 calories, 40g fat (12g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 1204mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 50g protein.
Reviews for Quail With Rice
"We loved this recipe, it was perfect for delicately flavored quail."