Quail with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
"This golden quail is so moist and tender," remarks Joelann Sygo of Gaylord, Michigan. "The rich cream sauce, dotted with onions and mushrooms, complements the bird nicely."
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound boneless quail breasts or boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 2 tablespoons butter. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter; saute quail over medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat and stir cream cheese and milk over low heat until smooth. Stir in sauteed mushrooms and onion. Sprinkle bread crumbs over both sides of quail; serve with mushroom sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 392 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Quail with Mushroom Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC