Quail with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
"This golden quail is so moist and tender," remarks Joelann Sygo of Gaylord, Michigan. "The rich cream sauce, dotted with onions and mushrooms, complements the bird nicely."
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound boneless quail breasts or boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 2 tablespoons butter. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter; saute quail over medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat and stir cream cheese and milk over low heat until smooth. Stir in sauteed mushrooms and onion. Sprinkle bread crumbs over both sides of quail; serve with mushroom sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quail with Mushroom Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p60
Reviews for Quail with Mushroom Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >