- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound boneless quail breasts or boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 2 tablespoons butter. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter; saute quail over medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat and stir cream cheese and milk over low heat until smooth. Stir in sauteed mushrooms and onion. Sprinkle bread crumbs over both sides of quail; serve with mushroom sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quail with Mushroom Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p60
Reviews for Quail with Mushroom Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review