- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 whole quail (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Drizzle lemon juice over quail; sprinkle with pepper. In a large skillet, brown quail in oil and butter, turning frequently; remove and set aside.
- Stir flour, parsley and onion into the drippings until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, mushrooms, water and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; return quail to pan. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Quail with Mushroom Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p46
Reviews for Quail with Mushroom Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review