Puttin'-on-the-Ritz Candy Recipe
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 36 butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the caramel topping and pecans on high for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture is thickened. Cool for 5 minutes. Place the crackers on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Spoon 1 teaspoon caramel mixture over each cracker. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the bottom of each cracker in chocolate; shake off excess. Place caramel side down on waxed paper-lined pans. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Puttin'-on-the-Ritz Candy
"Would not recommend making this, very MESSY! Caramel runs all over!"