Enlist the kids to help assemble these fun and tasty turtle-like candies. They make great holiday gifts from the kitchen. —Brenda Amyx, Robert Lee, Texas
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 36 butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the caramel topping and pecans on high for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture is thickened. Cool for 5 minutes. Place the crackers on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Spoon 1 teaspoon caramel mixture over each cracker. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the bottom of each cracker in chocolate; shake off excess. Place caramel side down on waxed paper-lined pans. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Puttin'-on-the-Ritz Candy in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p79
Reviews for Puttin'-on-the-Ritz Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2015
"Would not recommend making this, very MESSY! Caramel runs all over!"