This googly-eyed cupcake will get tongues wagging! Pretzels, marshmallows and candy helps this monster come to life. —Karen Tack, Riverside, Connecticut
6 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + standing
- 6 chocolate or vanilla cupcakes baked in black foil liners
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Neon purple food coloring
- 9 large marshmallows
- 18 thin pretzel sticks
- Black licorice laces
- 12 mini marshmallows
- 6 pink fruit chews
- 18 brown mini M&M's
- 1. Spread the tops of the cupcakes with a mound of vanilla frosting.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon vanilla frosting into a small resealable bag.
- Tint the remaining vanilla frosting neon purple with the food
- coloring and place in a microwave-safe measuring cup.
- 2. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Cut the large marshmallows
- in half crosswise with scissors. Insert a pretzel stick into the
- side of each marshmallow to create the eyes. Cut the black licorice
- laces into eighteen 2-in. pieces. Cut the mini marshmallows in half
- on the diagonal to make the teeth. Soften the pink fruit chews in
- the microwave for no more than 3 seconds.
- Roll out each fruit chew into a 3-in. length. Cut into a long tongue
- with a rounded end. Press the back of a knife down the middle of the