Puppy Dog Pancakes Recipe
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 2 drops strawberry syrup
- 8 semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another large bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Place 2/3 cup of batter in a small bowl; stir in chocolate syrup. Place 1 teaspoon of batter in another bowl; stir in strawberry syrup.
- 2. For puppy ears, pour eight 1 tablespoonfuls of chocolate batter onto a lightly greased large hot griddle. For muzzle and eyes, spoon eight 1 teaspoonfuls and eight 1/4 teaspoonfuls of chocolate batter onto the griddle. For tongues, spoon four 1/8 teaspoonfuls of pink batter onto the griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 3. To assemble, arrange ears, eyes, muzzle and tongue on plain pancakes; top eyes with chocolate chips. Yield: 4 puppy dog pancakes.
1 serving (1 each) equals 224 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC