- 1 package (14 ounces) light cocoa Wilton candy melts
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 20 lollipop sticks
- 1/3 cup white baking chips, melted
- 40 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 teaspoon)
- Chocolate jimmies
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 20 Kraft German chocolate cake-flavored marshmallows, halved
- 20 semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 tablespoon)
- Pink paste food coloring
- In a microwave, melt candy melts; stir until smooth. Twist apart cookies. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into melted coating and place on a cookie half; replace cookie top. Repeat. Place pops on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- Reheat candy melts if necessary; dip a cookie pop in coating and allow excess to drip off. Insert stick into a styrofoam block to stand. Repeat.
- Using melted white chips, attach miniature chocolate chips to faces for eyes; add jimmies for eyebrows. Using melted chocolate, attach marshmallow halves for ears and chocolate chips for noses. Using remaining melted chocolate, pipe mouths. Tint remaining melted white chips pink; pipe tongues. Let stand until set. Yield: 20 cookie pops.
Originally published as Puppy Dog Cookie Pops in Kids Party Food/Good Food for Kids 2012 2012, p90
Reviews for Puppy Dog Cookie Pops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >