Punch Bowl Trifle Recipe
This impressive-looking trifle is an easy way to serve a big group a little different dessert. It's cool, creamy and loaded with fruit.—Margaret Allen, Abingdon, Virginia
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 4 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (7 ounces) flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. Prepare cake batter according to package directions, substituting pineapple juice for the water (add water if necessary for the required measurement). Bake as directed in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions. Cut the cake into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 6-qt. punch bowl. Top with half of the pudding, pie filling, pineapple, bananas, fruit cocktail, oranges, whipped topping and coconut. Repeat layers. Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 55 (1/2-cup) servings.
Reviews for Punch Bowl Trifle
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC